LOS ALGODONES: MEXICO’S MOLAR CITY
Los Algodones is a quaint Mexican town located on the northeastern tip of Mexicali, a municipality in Baja California, 16 km west of Yuma, Arizona, USA.Most people call it as the Molar City or Algodones, but its official name is Vicente Guerrero.
In the recent years, Los Algodones emerged from a quaint town to become a popular tourist and medical destination. It’s situated near the borders of southwestern Arizona and southeastern California make it a prevalent attraction for older tourists from the US and Canada. A part from its affordable restaurants and shopping destinations, its inexpensive medical care and prescriptions made it as a medical tourist destination now catering visitors from all over the world.
Los Algodones has a warm, dry climate. Its warmest month is July with a temperature of 31.7°C (89.0°F). Moreover, the coolest month is January, with a temperature that average’s 11.7°C (53.0°F).
GPS Coordinates – Maps
Los Algodones geographical location is 32 degrees 42′ 55″ north 114 degrees 43′ 44″ west.
Dental Scene in Algodones
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE LOS ALGODONES FOR MY DENTAL CARE?
There is no doubt Los Algodones was nicknamed the Molar City – as it has the most number of dental clinics in all cities in Mexico. It has over 300 dental clinics and 900 dentists and growing. Moreover, dental care costs can save you up to 70-75%.
During peak season (December-March) in Los Algodones, medical tourists are virtually outnumbering Mexicans. Because of its booming medical/dental tourism, the US dollar is made the currency of choice and English is universally spoken. Within a five-minute stroll of Los Algodones, you can see a four-block array of pharmacies, and clinics of physicians, opticians and of course, dentists.
Dental tourists also visit Los Algodones because of convenience, as most dental clinics have their own dental laboratories. Crowns, bridges and dentures can now be acquired for less than three days. Aside from the savings you can get from availing dental care in Los Algodones, here are other reasons why you should get your dental care here.
10 Reasons to Visit Los Algodones for Dental Care:
- Up to 70% savings!
- Prices are transparent, with no hidden charges!
- Extensive dental specializations and years of experience
- Most clinics have on-site laboratories, so you can easily get your crowns, bridges and dentures!
- Dental clinics use the latest technology – CAD CAM (Computer Aided Design and Computer Aided Manufacturing in Dental Laboratory)
- Onsite dental diagnostics: Panoramic X-rays and Dental Laser Technology
- Most clinics offer 2 YEARS FULL WARRANTY on dental work.
- Most clinics have a clinic-hotel package and FREE shuttle service
- ALL PAYMENT forms are accepted – CASH, PERSONAL &TRAVELER’S CHECKS
- Dental clinics offer FREE WiFi access and telephone calls to Canada and the US.